Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dinosaur Valley State Park - Revisited

Dinosaur Valley State Park
Glenrose, TX
March 15, 2011



My family really enjoyed this park.  I've camped at this park before with
my son's Cub Scout pack and had a good time.  This year, I couldn't
get reservations, so we did a day trip to the park.   The park is very
popular. 

My kids enjoyed the life sized dinosaurs and really


enjoyed looking for dino tracks in the river.  Before
we knew  it all four kids were down in the river with their
shoes off wading around looking for tracks.
We hiked one of the hiking loops and enjoyed the easy
terrain.  The campsites are a decent walk from the river and most campers ride their bikes.  Not too much
traffic so bicycling is recommended.
There is a covered open air cabin built on the side of the valley overlooking the river.   My kids really had
fun hanging out in the "fort".   We also enjoyed a
popcycle from the gift shop. 
We give it a 9 out of 10.

































































No comments:

Post a Comment